We are now recruiting ! We are looking for a mechanic and MOT vehicle examiner.
What does a vehicle examiner do?
Light vehicle MOT examiners are responsible for testing and servicing light vehicles such as cars, and vans under 3.5 tonnes, to ensure they are safe to be driven on the roads. The MOT testers carry out the role of a diagnostic technician as well as being responsible for testing the safety of the vehicles brought to them.
Duties will include:
- Diagnosing the cause of a problem
- Repairing the problem in line with manufacturers’ standards
- Repairing and replacing vehicle components
- Testing existing and repaired systems
- Checking for problems in newer vehicles with testing equipment connected to the vehicle’s electronic control unit (ECU)
- Liaison with manufacturers and parts advisors
- Ensuring the vehicle is road safe
- Writing service reports on the work carried out
If you would like to apply for this vacancy